Here I am, head spinning from a
stressful busy week, finding something to be peeved about at every turn. In fact, this started out as a list of pet peeves (admittedly, some stupid, some funny, and some universal). As I mentally ticked off the things that tick me off, a still tiny voice in the back of my head said, “Way to focus on the positive, Lori.”
So I backed up a bit and decided to make my list about things that make me happy rather than the things that annoy me. Here goes.
- Sunshine. The brighter, the better.
- 70 degree weather (Can I get an amen?!)
- Babies cooing (even if they are so far in my past that I’ve almost forgotten them…almost…my memory was stirred by the family who sat behind us in church on Saturday.)
- Mabel in her role as “the Christmas Puppy.”
- Coffee with a just-right proportion of milk. It never lasts long enough. Good thing there are refills.
- A clean kitchen.
- Glimpses of summer at the end of January.
- Seeing Dom and Vic playing basketball when I pull into the driveway.
- Planning this year’s vegetable garden.
- Our freezer full of deer meat, which means I don’t have to buy hamburger meat at the store for almost the rest of 2015.
- Gospel songs, Statler-Brothers style. “Are your garments spotless? Are they white as snow?…”
- Stove-top popcorn drizzled in Kerrygold butter– better than the movies!!
- A new bottle of nail polish.
- Sunshine. (Can you tell I wanted to spend the whole day outside?)
- Realizing in the midst of stress just how blessed I really am when Aaron asks me, “Mom, do you need a hug?”
- Mommy-daughter time.
- Mom-son time.
- Dom time.
What was I stressed about, again?